Notice of Public Law 115-407
Sections 103 and 104
- The date on which payment from VA is made to the institution.
- 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the Certificate of Eligibility.
The University shall not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or require the student to borrow additional funds, in order to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under Chapter 31 or 33.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill.
VA Educational Benefits
New VA Students
Returning VA Students
All VA Students
Most degree and certificate programs offered at ENMU-Roswell are approved for Veterans’ Administration educational benefits. The Veterans’ Administration (VA) WILL NOT fund courses other than courses those pertaining to the approved programs. (This does not apply to remedial courses.) It is the student’s responsibility to furnish the VACO with a degree plan for both Associate degree and Certificate programs at the initial certification period. The certifying official cannot certify veterans for courses taken outside the approved program.
The VACO is located in the Student Services Center, which serves as the Veterans’ Affairs center at ENMU‑Roswell. All necessary forms for applying for these benefits are available in that office. New Mexico Army National Guardsmen must provide Form 2384, Basic Eligibility for Army National Guard/Reserve, bearing the signature of the Educational Officer from State Headquarters in Santa Fe, before any benefits will be processed.
Students applying for veterans’ benefits should apply well in advance of the semester for which they are enrolling in order to allow the VA sufficient processing time.
Other Military Tuition Benefits
Tuition Payments Forgiven
Military Tuition Waiver/Financial Aid
- military out of state tuition waivers
- academic scholarships
- federal student aid
US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill, Active Duty
- Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill, Selected Reserve
- Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness and Employment
- Chapter 35 - Survivors' and Dependants' Educational Assistance
- Chapter 33 - Transferring Post 9/11 Benefits to your Dependants