Advising Services Mission Statement
Helping students develop skills that empower their educational, career, and life goals, while encouraging self-reliance and responsibility
Email the Advising Center today for more information!
During a student’s first visit, an academic advisor will…
- Review the student’s goals and ensure that the program of study the student declared on their submitted application for admissions is compatible with those stated goals.
- Explain the results of the placement exam or test exemption scores.
- Explain requirements for the listed program of study.
- Assist student in scheduling/registration of courses for the upcoming semester.
- Guide the student through the registration process while explaining how to register independently for future semesters.
- Answer any questions the student may have.
WHEN TO SEE AN ADVISOR
All first time students must see an advisor. Academic advising provides you with the critical information you need to make thoughtful decisions about your college career. This can include information about your program of study, career goals, elective courses, graduation requirements, etc.
See an academic advisor regularly to ask questions, discuss your progress, and keep informed about registration procedures.
Please note, Advising Services assists a large volume of students. To ensure that you receive the highest quality service, it is recommended that you schedule an appointment.
Carolyn Vigil, MBA
Director, Advising Services, Academic Advisor for Health EducationPhone: 575-624-7379