ENMU-ROSWELL TO HOLD VIRTUAL 73rd GRADUATION CEREMONY
In light of the current state restrictions on mass gatherings, spring graduates at Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell will be able to participate in a virtual graduation ceremony. The campus will hold a Facebook live ceremony https://www.facebook.com/enmuroswell/ on Friday, May 8 at 6 p.m. The ceremony will include speeches pre-recorded by three graduation candidates, Maria Ramirez, Dominic Gomez, and Joselyn Salazar. Dr. Shawn Powell, ENMU-Roswell President, will conduct the ceremony online. Graduation candidates are asked to submit photos which will be compiled into a slideshow, which will be shown during the ceremony. A form with the photo submission link is on the campus website at https://www.roswell.enmu.edu/graduation-photo-form/ The deadline to submit photos is 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 30.
All spring and summer graduates also have the option to participate in the 74th Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, December 10, 2020 at the Roswell Convention Center.
“We understand that this event can never replace the large ceremony we had planned at the Roswell Convention Center on May 8 with family and friends in attendance, but this is one way we can recognize our graduates’ achievements while following state mandates,” said Powell. “We hope graduates will be a part of this ceremony by submitting their photos to us.”
Following this checklist will help you complete the steps necessary to insure you meet the requirements for your degree. It can be awarded and your diploma or certificate mailed.
- Please meet with the Program Director or Academic Advisor for your declared major prior to graduation to ensure you have met all requirements to complete your certificate/degree, including any course substitutions you may need. A list of advisors and program directors and their phone numbers can be found on the home page under Current Students, Advising Services, Advisors by Major. Running a degree evaluation will also help you see the requirements for your degree. The evaluation is available on your CosmoLink under “CAPP – Degree Evaluation”.
- If there have been changes to your personal information, such as a change of address, phone number or name change, please contact the Student Services Office to complete a change form. It is very important that we have current and correct information in our records.
- Log into your Self-Service Banner account to check for holds. Self-Service Banner can be reached by clicking on the Register for Classes tab on the ENMU-R homepage. If you have holds, they must be resolved prior to graduation. Having holds on your record can prevent the mailing of your certificate or diploma.
- If you received student loans through Financial Aid, you are required to complete an EXIT interview. This can be done online by logging onto www.studentloans.gov. If you have questions regarding this process, contact the Financial Aid Office at (575)624-7400.
- If you have attended another college or university, the office of Admissions and Records must have ALL official transcripts from these schools before a degree can be awarded. You will need to contact the other schools you attended and have them send an official transcript. These can be mailed to:
Admissions and Records
Eastern New Mexico University – Roswell
P.O. Box 6000
Roswell, NM 88202
Official transcripts can also be accepted by Parchment if the school you requested the transcript from uses this service. You may bring your official transcripts into the Admissions and Records office in the Student Services Building, but they must be in a sealed envelope from the school. If the seal is broken, the transcript is no longer considered official and will not be accepted to satisfy the requirement of submitting official transcripts. If your transcript is sent with courses in progress, it will be considered an unofficial transcript. If you have questions about submitting transcripts, please contact the office of Admissions and Records at (575) 624-7141.
If you have any questions regarding graduation, come by the Student Services Center or call (575) 624-7341. We look forward to working with you as you complete your degree at Eastern New Mexico University – Roswell!