Students transferring to ENMU‑Roswell as a degree-seeking student must submit official transcripts from each college or university attended.

Evaluation of Transfer Credit

Evaluation of the applicability of acceptable credits that are transferable to a students’ degree program is performed by Admissions and Records staff.

Students who wish to request a transfer credit evaluation must complete an Admission Application to ENMU-Roswell and have original official academic transcripts sent directly to the University from each institution previously attended. Transfer credits are evaluated when all transcripts for that student have been received. Applicants are required to declare a major for evaluation of transfer credit. Transfer credits are evaluated only for students seeking a degree or certificate. Transfer grade point averages are used in the calculation of grade point averages for graduation “With Honors” only.

Foreign students who wish to have foreign transcripts evaluated for transfer credit must provide a transcript evaluation that has been completed by an accepted International Transcript Evaluation Service (such as WES), and must demonstrate how the courses are equivalent in grade and content to those taught in the United States. Please contact the director of Admissions and Records for more information.

Acceptance of Transfer Credit

Credit is accepted for college‑level work from institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Courses which would not be accepted include, but are not limited to, some technical/occupational courses, doctrinal religion courses, and basic skills or developmental level courses.

Credit for college-level work from an accredited institution will be articulated as soon as transcripts are received, in order to facilitate the determination of eligibility for financial aid, and for placement purposes.

To further enhance articulation between all state-supported institutions in New Mexico, ENMU-Roswell adopts the principle of treating transfer students as native students in the application of credit toward certificate or degree requirements.

Transfer Students and ACCUPLACER™ Tests

Transfer students who have not earned at least an associate degree may be exempt from individual areas of the ACCUPLACER Placement Test if they meet any of the following:

  • English (Essay)
  • Transfer equivalent courses
  • Transfer 15 credit hours or more – with a GPA of at least 2.5 AND – a college-level English course with a grade of C or better.
  • Transfer 30 credit hours or more – with a GPA of at least 2.0 AND – a college-level English course with a grade of C or better
  • Math
  • Transfer equivalent math credit
  • Applied/technical math credit will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

NOTE: If a student has completed more than one set of the ACT or SAT tests, the highest score will be used to determine the student’s course placement and/or exemption from taking the ACCUPLACER Test.

Complaint Procedure

An applicant who wishes to appeal the results of a transfer evaluation conducted by ENMU-Roswell should follow the steps outlined below:

  1. File a written appeal with the Admissions and Records Office, providing information regarding the course(s) being appealed. A course description, syllabus of the course at the time it was taken, and/or other documentation about the content of the course being appealed should be attached.
  2. Within 30 days of the written appeal, the file will be reviewed, and the student will be contacted in writing. If the appeal is denied, the letter will explain the reason for the denial.
  3. If the student is denied and wishes to continue the appeal, the student must indicate this in writing to the vice president for Student Affairs. The second appeal must be submitted within 30 days of the first appeal decision letter.
  4. Within 30 days of the second appeal letter, the file will be reviewed, and the student will be contacted in writing.
  5. If the student is denied and wishes to continue the appeal, the student may appeal directly to the New Mexico Higher Education Department.


Students transferring from another college or university and applying for financial aid must request that official academic transcripts be sent to the Admission and Records Office at ENMU-Roswell. This is a requirement for any transfer student applying for financial aid.

The assessment of a student’s academic progress will be based on the student’s applicable academic record to include all credit hours attempted from other institutions, whether or not financial aid was received.


If students on probation from another university wish to enroll at ENMU-Roswell, their first semester of attendance will be a probationary semester. Students may be suspended at the end of that semester if they fail to obtain a 2.0-semester grade point average.

If students on suspension from another institution wish to enroll in courses at ENMU-Roswell, they may appeal to the Academic Standards Committee for an admission waiver. They should be warned, however, that credits earned during suspension periods may not be accepted by the receiving institutions.