International students may be considered for admission as undergraduate students on a full‑time basis as a non-immigrant with an F-1, M-1 or J-1 visa status. Non-citizens must have an equivalent educational background to that required for United States of America citizens.

The international student must submit the following documentation for review to apply for admissions at ENMU-Roswell. All documents pertaining to undergraduate admission should be sent submitted to the Admissions and Records Office:

  • Admissions Application for ENMU-Roswell
  • An acceptable statement of financial responsibility that demonstrates the student’s ability to meet all related financial obligations for the entire length of the program prior to entry into a program of study at ENMU-Roswell. This documentation may include but is not limited to copies of bank statements, letters of reference from financial institutions, and personal letters of commitment from individual supporters.
  • Acceptable documentation to demonstrate proficiency of the English language; for example, a TOEFL iBT score of 61 (173 computer-based, 500 written), completion of the highest level of an intensive English program, or documentation that English is the primary language of record in the student’s country of residence. ENMU-Roswell will also accept IELTS scores of at least 5.5 in lieu of Students must demonstrate college-level proficiency in English to be eligible to study in the U.S. A student may not take developmental English while enrolled in an eligible program of study.
  • Complete transcripts of high school and all previous college credit hours – the applicant must request that official transcripts and test scores be sent directly to ENMU-Roswell. Only certified copies of transcripts, state, or national exams should be presented. Transcripts of high school and college credit earned at a foreign institution of learning must be formally evaluated by an agency such as the World Education Services (TES WES), who will then provide ENMU-Roswell with an official evaluation of United States of America educational equivalencies.

International applicants must have these materials on file with the University at least 90 days prior to the semester for which application is being made. When these requirements are fulfilled, reviewed by the Office of Admissions and Records, and approved, an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility and a letter of admission will be issued to the student. The I-20 Certificate of Eligibility must then be submitted to the appropriate Foreign Embassy for consideration, approval, and the issuance of an acceptable F-1, M-1, or J-1 Visa. The student must be in possession of the student Visa, and an I-94 document to travel to the United States.

All charges, including tuition, fees, housing, meals, books, etc. must be paid at the time of each registration. Health and accident insurance is mandatory for all international students.