The Automotive Technology Program is designed for students who want to pursue a high-tech career. The program is Snap-On certified and students will receive certificates from Snap-On. This program requires students to purchase their own tools and uniform shirts.
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Technology transfers into a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) Degree program at ENMU.
Program Learning Outcomes
In addition to supporting institutional learning outcomes and building upon the foundational general education
outcomes, upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Students will demonstrate the proper use of safety equipment when performing any type of vehicle repair.
- Students will locate and utilize vehicle electronic service information for all repair procedures.
- Students will explain the theory of operation of vehicle systems and components.
- Students will demonstrate the proper use of special service tools and hand tools when performing any type of
- Students will apply proper diagnostic approach when analyzing a vehicle system fault.
- Students will apply proper repair procedures when repairing a vehicle fault.
- Students will demonstrate a proper repair verification procedure when a vehicle has been repaired.
- Students will be able to present and explain information summarizing advanced vehicle systems