Congratulations on taking the next step in your education at Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell! We are excited that you are joining us for New Student Orientation.
If you are beginning college for the first time, attendance is highly recommended. New Student Orientation (NSO) will introduce you to the resources on campus that will help you succeed in your first year of college.
WHEN AND WHERE?
New Student Orientation will be held on the ENMU-Roswell campus on August 20, 2014. Sign-in and packet pick-up for NSO will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 9:20 a.m. in the Performing Arts Center (PAC).
New Student Orientation will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) with informational workshops to follow in the Instructional Technology Center (ITC).
New Student Orientation will conclude at 11:30 a.m. in the Instructional Technology Center, Room 155.
You must sign up for New Student Orientation prior to attendance in order to have a packet ready for you on Orientation Day.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
You will learn how to navigate ENMU-Roswell’s student portal, CosmoLink, Blackboard, and receive tips on how to read class schedules and how to follow a degree plan. By attending New Student Orientation you will already be setting yourself up for success.
After orientation, you will have a better understanding of what is expected from you as a student. You will gain the knowledge to be able to register for classes in the future as well as learn how to utilize a variety of functions on your online account. Student leaders will also be available for group tours following informational workshops.
Don’t miss out! Before signing up for New Student Orientation make sure to complete all the steps to the enrollment process by clicking here:
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Before attending orientation you must:
Step 1: Complete an online admissions application at http://www.roswell.enmu.edu/forms/admissions/application.pdf
- Submit ACT/SAT and/or official high school transcripts with graduation date.
- Complete any required placement testing. Call 575-624-7227 if you have any questions.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Enter ENMU-Roswell’s school code: 002661.
- If you need more information about Financial Aid, visit http://www.roswell.enmu.edu/financial-aid.
- Need help filing for Financial Aid? Call Student Outreach at 575-624-7201.
Step 3: Meet with your Advisor
- Bring your placement test scores to your appointment.
- To set up an appointment with an Advisor. Call 575-624-7431.
- Or visit this webpage http://www.roswell.enmu.edu/student-affairs/advising-and-retention/advising-and-retention-home.
Step 4: Register for Classes
- After registering, make your $50.00 deposit.
- Set up your student account payment site at https://secure.touchnet.com/C20705_tsa/web/login.jsp.
- Questions? Call 575-624-7125.
WHAT TO BRING
- Vehicle Registration (to get a parking sticker)
- A form of identification (Driver’s license, High School ID card, SS card or a birth certificate) in order to acquire an ENMU-Roswell ID card.
For more information, or if you have questions, call New Student Relations at 575-624-7136.
SIGN UP FOR NSO
- FOCUS 2 Career Assessment.
- Degrees and Programs.
- Dates to Remember.
- Academic Accommodations.