ENMU-Roswell offers a Certificate of Employability in Pharmacy Technician. Pharmacy Technicians are employed in retail and hospital pharmacies. Under the supervision of Registered Pharmacists, they perform a wide range of skilled activities which includes preparation, packaging, distributing, storing, and inventory of pharmaceutical products.
Mandatory drug screening and background checks are required during the first week of the program and will be scheduled by the Health Education unit faculty. Students must pass the mandatory drug screening to remain in the program.
Program Learning Outcomes
In addition to supporting institutional learning outcomes and building upon the foundational general education outcomes, upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the pharmacy technician’s role in the medication use process.
- Receive and screen prescriptions for completeness, accuracy, and authenticity.
- Assist pharmacists in preparing, storing, and distributing medications.
- Maintain pharmacy facilities and equipment including automated dispensing equipment.
- Initiate, verify and assist in the adjudication of billing for pharmacy services and goods and collect payment for these services.