The Emergency Medical Services Program at ENMU-Roswell prepares students for a rewarding career in pre-hospital emergency medicine. The EMS program on the Roswell campus is an EMS Bureau Training Program. The program provides students with the theoretical and practical preparation to qualify graduates at four levels of service: 1) Emergency Medical Responder, 2) Emergency Medical Technician, 3) Advanced Emergency Medical Technician, or 4) Paramedic. These levels of instruction meet or exceed the New Mexico EMS Minimal Curriculum Standards. The Emergency Medical Responder, EMT, Advanced EMT, and Paramedic also meet or exceed the National EMS Educational Standards for these levels.
The Paramedic Program is also accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Service Professions. Upon graduation from the Paramedic program, graduates will be eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians-Paramedic Examination. Graduates will be prepared to take charge of patient care in the pre-hospital setting and be an integral member of the health care team.
General Admission Criteria
Admission to the Paramedic program is limited. All students entering the Paramedic program should consider the following information:
- Students ENTER or RE-ENTER the Paramedic program under the CURRENT Catalog. Therefore, it is important to carefully read the entire catalog.
- Contact an advisor in either the EMS program or the Advising Services.
- Submit an application of admission to ENMU-Roswell.
- Submit an Application of Admission to the Paramedic program.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have official high school transcripts and any college transcripts sent to the Admissions and Records Office by the required date.
Program Learning Outcomes
In addition to supporting institutional learning outcomes and building upon the foundational general education outcomes, upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Exhibit exemplary professional behavior.
- Perform a paramedic level patient assessment across all age groups and demographics.
- Analyze assessment findings and develop an appropriate treatment plan for patients across all age groups.
- Integrate paramedic level decision making and leadership in the areas of general medical, trauma care, and EMS operations.
- Perform the skills and procedures of a paramedic with proficiency across all age groups and demographics.