The Associate of Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) in Office Management and Technologies is a two-year course of study. A Certificate of Employability is also offered. Students learn computer applications, desktop troubleshooting, security issues, and project management skills. Skills Assessment Management software also prepares students for the MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) exams. In the fourth semester, students have an opportunity to apply their acquired skills and knowledge in the workplace through an internship in their last semester of study.
The A.A.S. in Office Management and Technologies transfers into a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (B.A.A.S.) Degree at ENMU.
Program Learning Outcomes
In addition to supporting institutional learning outcomes and building upon the foundational general education outcomes, upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Construct professional, error-free business documents that demonstrate appropriate formats and ideas in clear, concise, and correct written and spoken language
- Students will be able to manage business records
- Communicate effectively through appropriate modes of communication with emphasis on the use of computer technologies
- Utilize effective administration skills to enhance the productive operation of the workplace
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of productivity software in business applications
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and workplace ethics for the professional office environment