Occupational Safety Engineering and Environmental Management TechnologiesCall 575-624-7381 for more information. Associate of Applied Science Degree
In meeting the industry demands for qualified safety workers, supervisors, and managers, ENMU-Roswell has created paths of professionalism that can be accomplished in as little as one semester or can be built upon until the student reaches the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Occupational Safety Engineering and Environmental Management Technologies.
The Occupational Safety Engineering and Environmental Management field is evolving. More and more companies seek out qualified individuals to develop and maintain their safety programs. Persons trained in all aspects of occupational safety and environmental management, which includes hazard identification, accident investigation, and regulatory compliance will be in demand for years to come. The A.A.S. degree in Occupational Safety Engineering and Environmental Management Technologies (74-76 credit hours)transfers into a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (B.A.A.S.) degree program at ENMU. These certificates are also offered:
- Certificate of Employability for Safety Trained Manager – This 16-18 credit hour program is designed for the supervisor, line technician, pusher, or manager who wants to increase his/her knowledge of safety and employee management. The course focuses on the development of a safety program and how to manage it and its people once established.
- Certificate of Employability for Safety Trained Technician Level I – This 16-18 credit hour program is designed to meet industry requirements for specialized training in industries such and oil and gas, construction, industrial maintenance, and health care. Employers and employees will both benefit from individuals trained in this area by increasing their knowledge and awareness of hazards found on the job.
Students are encouraged to follow the professionalism pathway below in order to move through classes in the fastest manner.
1. Certificate of Employability for Certified Occupational Safety Technician
This 16 credit hour program is aimed at entry-level supervisors and managers who have work experience in the field but are new to the safety profession. Students will learn technical information in hazard recognition communication, investigation, and awareness of regulatory issues.
2. Certificate of Employability for Certified Occupational Safety and Health Specialist
This Certificate of Employability (16 credit hour program) is for individuals with supervisory or managerial duties associated with their position. They regularly develop, manage, or oversee safety and health programs on location and are responsible for communicating goals and objectives to both upper management and workers.
3. Certificate of Employability for Certified Occupational Safety and Environmental Technician
This Certificate of Employability (16 credit hour program) builds on the knowledge and experience workers have in running a health and safety program with the inclusion of environmental management duties. This course of study includes practical applications to regulatory problems and real-world experience in working within a team to complete environmental studies.
4. Certificate of Employability for Certified Occupational Safety and Health Trainer
This 21 credit hour program prepares the safety professional with the essential skills and knowledge needed to train adults in health and safety topics. OSHA regulations mandate knowledgeable individuals be selected as trainers when conducting required training sessions for employees. This course of study helps the candidate by covering some of the more difficult and hazardous topics that require training.