The mission of the Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell HVAC-R program is to provide high quality, easily accessible, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration training to meet the employment needs of southeastern New Mexico.
ENMU-Roswell offers a Certificate of Occupational Training and an Associate of Applied Science degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning-Refrigeration (HVAC-R) Technology. ENMU-Roswell also offers a Certificate of Occupational Training in Commercial Refrigeration. HVAC-R systems include control temperature, humidity, and the total air quality in residential, commercial, and industrial structures worldwide. Additionally, the food service and medical industries rely very heavily upon the reliability of heating and cooling systems. HVAC-R technicians install, repair, and maintain these systems using strong mathematical skills, computer literacy, and communication skills, in addition to hands-on skills related to the latest technology specific to HVAC-R equipment, tools, and systems.
Program Learning Outcomes
In addition to supporting institutional learning outcomes and building upon the foundational general education outcomes, upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of operating sequences on HVAC/R equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to install and repair according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Apply critical thinking to properly size equipment in residential and commercial settings.
- Accurately understand code requirements.
- Analyze and interpret blue prints and plans for HVAC/R.