Artesia Country Club
Send applications to: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
BASIC FUNCTION: The General Accountant is responsible for maintaining the accounting transactions and financial reporting for the Artesia Country Club and the membership. This position must be dependable, punctual, organized and knowledgeable in data entry, general accounting practices and financial statement preparation. To ensure financial accuracy and compliance, the General Accountant would report directly to the Finance and Budget Committee Chairman/Board of Directors Treasurer and may report to the Clubhouse Manager for daily performance management.
- Maintain accurate accounting records for the Club.
- Make daily bank deposits for the Club and prepare daily sales revenue reports.
- Maintain personnel files for confidentiality and security purposes.
- Responsible for accounts payable functions including review of invoices for proper management and board approval, check preparation and recording of club expenses, and cost of goods sold reporting.
- Responsible for accounts receivable functions including posting of membership transactions and payments, aging reports, past due notifications, write off and collection recommendations to the Board.
- Reconcile all bank statements.
- Prepare cash flow statements, income statements and balance sheet reports for management and Board review.
- Prepare and mail monthly membership statements before the 1st of each month.
- Assist members with account transaction inquiries and questions regarding financial performance of the Club.
- May prepare other financial reports as requested by the Board or club management that are pertinent to the operations of the Club.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll for all club employees.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly state and federal tax payments and reporting including payroll tax reporting.
College or university degree or completion of a specialized vocational/technical accounting program with a minimum of two years relevant work experience in the accounting field. Must have the ability to work independently without supervision. Must be familiar with at least one accounting program, QuickBooks preferred. Willing and able to learn accounting and point of sale software programs. Other basic computer skills such a Microsoft Excel and Word are essential for the position.
This position is an exempt part-time position with a schedule of 25 hours per week. Additional hours may be required at times during tournament and holiday seasons. Some work may be preformed out of the office as approved. The salary range for this position is $24,000 to $45,000 based on education and previous work experience. This position will receive two weeks paid vacation time beginning in the first year of employment and increase to three weeks vacation time after five years of employment. All time off must be requested in advance and approved by the Budget and Finance Committee Chairperson or Clubhouse Manager. An annual performance evaluation and salary increase will be conducted by the Budget and Finance Committee prior to the November board meeting each year.