July 3, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Donna Oracion, College Development Director, ENMU-Roswell, 575-624-7403
Desiree M. Cooper, Coordinator of Media Relations, ENMU, 575-562-2133
Benito Gonzales, ENMU System Director of Human Resources, 575-562-2115
Five Finalists Named in ENMU-Roswell Presidential Search
Five finalists have been named in the search for a new President at Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell. The finalists will be visiting the ENMU-Roswell campus July 17-19 to interview with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the community.
The finalists are:
- Eloy Chavez, dean, College of Extended Learning and Continuing Education, Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK
- Carlee Drummer, president, Quinebaug Valley Community College in Danielson, CT
- Robert Munoz, vice president for Community and Industry Education, Trinity River Campus, Tarrant County College District in Fort Worth, TX
- Shawn Powell, vice president for Academic Affairs, Casper College in Casper, WY
- Richard Sax, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs, University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College in Rio Grande, OH
“I’m thrilled with the strength of the finalists for the Presidency at Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell,” said ENMU System Chancellor, Dr. Jeff Elwell. “The search committee did an excellent job and I look forward to meeting each of the candidates in Roswell later this month.”
“I want to extend a sincere appreciation to the members of the search committee for their unwavering commitment and dedication,” said Mireya Trujillo, committee chair and secretary of the ENMU-Roswell Branch Community College Board. “Being entrusted with this very important task has been an honor. I am proud of the contribution each member has made thus far as we work, collaboratively, in the rigorous search to find the best candidates for president of ENMU-Roswell. We had some amazing applicants and are very pleased to present the top five finalists to the ENMU-R community. Please take some time to meet them when they visit Roswell later this month. I believe you will be impressed.”
Following the campus visits, Chancellor Elwell will announce the new president, with an expected hire date of August 15.
ENMU President Emeritus, Dr. Steven Gamble, has been serving as interim president of the Roswell campus since March 26. For more information, contact Benito Gonzales, ENMU system director of Human Resources at 575-562-2115.