#1. Requirements to register for the Commercial Driver’s License Skills Exam
There is a mandatory 14-day waiting period for new permits before you can be scheduled for an exam. There is a mandatory 7-day waiting period if you have failed a previous exam. A complete packet is required at the time of registration. The complete packet consists of:
- CDL Exam Scheduling Form
- CDL Exam Checklist
- Current (not expired) driver’s license
- Current (not expired) learner’s permit
- $200 exam payment receipt– payable in cash, money order, debit card, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card. Contact cashier’s office for payment at 575-624-7125.
Cancellations/No Show Cancellations MUST be made no later than 72 hours BEFORE time of scheduled test. If you fail to cancel or if you do not show up, your $200 fee is forfeited. To reschedule, you will need to pay an additional $200. You MUST contact Testing Services to cancel at 575-624-7227 or [email protected].
#2. Mandatory requirements on the day of your Commercial Driver’s License Skills exam
ENMU-Roswell Examiners will review these documents prior to beginning your exam – NO copies will be made
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING POTENTIAL ERRORS AND PITFALLS TO AVOID AN ADDITIONAL EXAM AND $200 FEE.
MVD Errors might include but are not limited to:
- MVD might accidently keep or make a hole-punch in your current class D or CDL license. This is human error but doing so invalidates your license. MVD should NOT keep or punch a hole in your current license or cut the corner off. A Commercial Learner’s Permit is not a driver’s license. You must have a valid driver’s license along with your Commercial Learner’s Permit for your CDL skills exam.
- MVD might issue a class D CDL permit. This is an error; there is no such thing as a class D CDL permit.
- MVD might issue the wrong classification, restrictions, or endorsements. Before leaving MVD, always verify that your Commercial Learner’s Permit and Driver’s Licenses are accurate, or you will not be able to complete your CDL skills exam.
*CHECK YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE OR COMMERCIAL LEARNER’S PERMIT BEFORE LEAVING MVD.
Vehicle errors might include but are not limited to:
- Incorrect or expired insurance documentation (must be current for both tractor and trailer).
- Incorrect or expired registration documentation (must be current for both tractor and trailer).
- Lacking annual DOT inspection stickers or inspection form (must be current for both tractor and trailer).
- Government vehicles are NOT exempt from providing insurance, registration, and DOT safety inspection paperwork.
- Verify vehicle is operable and represents the class and endorsements you are testing for.
- A vehicle that does not have a VIN number. All vehicles, including trailers, should have a visible VIN number.
- If testing for a “P” endorsement, you may not test in a school bus unless it has been properly decommissioned. All markings indicating “school bus” shall be covered or removed. If used exclusively for purposes other than the transportation of students, a series of diagonal black stripes should be painted on the rear of the bus.
- The testing location is NOT available for use as a practice site as you prepare for your CDL exam. The only time you should be at the testing location is for your actual CDL exam.
No-charge exceptions are limited to:
- Inclement weather and/or unsafe conditions as determined by CDL Examiner.
- Issues with the exam site or unsuitable site conditions as determined by CDL Examiner.
- CDL Examiner illness.