The Bookkeeping/Accounting Certificate of Occupational Training is designed to prepare students for entry level bookkeeping positions. This certificate will provide students with knowledge in basic accounting including recording transactions, preparing financial statements, using QuickBooks, and preparing payroll and simple income tax returns.
Many of the courses in this certificate will also transfer to four-year colleges so students can continue their accounting education. If students plan to become CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) all the accounting courses will count toward the required 30 semester hours in accounting. For more information, contact Carol Dutchover, Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookkeepers and accounts are in high demand in Southeastern NM and across the United States.
- Students who successfully complete the certificate will be prepared to become full-charge bookeepers.
- All courses in the certificate can be completed online.
- The certificate can be completed in two semesters.
- Accounting courses are available to anyone needing more accounting credit hours for their job or to become Certified Public Accountants.