This degree provides the foundations needed for the completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology at a four year institution. Coursework is broad enough that students may specialize in premedical studies, ecology, biotechnology, or secondary education with a science teaching emphasis.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of how scientific knowledge is constructed and how this process relies on evidence rather than opinions or beliefs.
- Apply critical thinking and an understanding of biological and chemical concepts and principles to explain complex processes of the natural world.
- Analyze and interpret scientific information in various forms, including text, graphs, tables, and figures.
- Convey scientific explanations using proper written and oral English.
- Perform scientific investigations using appropriate experimental design, methodology and laboratory techniques.