Adding and Dropping Courses
Students may add and/or drop courses only during the period of time specified in the University Calendar. Students cannot enroll or add courses after the late registration deadline has passed for each specified session of enrollment.
ENMU-Roswell reserves the right to cancel any classes that do not attain the minimum enrollment requirements. Students will be notified by telephone, mail, or written notification that the class has been canceled. A notice will be posted on the Blackboard server, the ENMU-Roswell website homepage and on the classroom door. The student will automatically receive a 100% refund for all tuition and fees associated with the canceled course(s).
Students may withdraw from a course and/or completely withdraw from the University between the last day to register (end of the Drop/Add period) and the Friday of Week 10.
When an officially enrolled student decides to cease attending any or all courses, the student is responsible for initiating the withdrawal action through the appropriate assistant vice president. Merely discontinuing class attendance does not constitute a drop or a withdrawal. To complete this process, the student must complete the following procedures:
- Students may initiate the withdrawal process by visiting the office of the assistant vice president of their unit. They must complete the personal information on the form, obtain the required faculty signatures, and return the completed form to Advising Services for final approvals. Students should complete the withdrawal process in person. If withdrawal cannot be done in person, see Number 2.
- Students may initiate the withdrawal process by email and submit their request to the office of the appropriate assistant vice president through their ENMU-Roswell email account. The email must include the student’s ID number, student‘s contact phone number, the course name and number, CRN, and the instructor’s name. The email will be forwarded to the appropriate instructor for approval. The instructor will respond within 72 hours. If unable to do so, or extenuating circumstances exist, the assistant vice president will have override authority to advance the withdrawal to Advising Services for final approvals. Withdrawals will be effective as of the date of the email.
- Students may initiate the withdrawal process through a signed fax to the appropriate assistant vice president. The faxed request must include the student’s ID number, the student’s contact phone number, the course name and number, CRN, and instructor‘s name. The request will be forwarded to the appropriate instructor. The instructor will respond within 72 hours. If unable to do so, or extenuating circumstances exist, the assistant vice president will have override authority to advance the withdrawal to Advising Services for final approvals. Withdrawals will be effective as of the date of the fax.
- The student is NOT OFFICIALLY withdrawn until the instructor, assistant vice president, and advisor have approved the withdrawal, and it is received in the Admissions and Records Office.
- Telephone requests for withdrawal will not be accepted, and a third party, other than a designated official of the University, may not request a student’s withdrawal without the expressed, written authorization of the student.
Administrative withdrawal is for non-academic reasons only, (i.e., nonattendance, accident, illness, behavior issues; failure to pass a drug screen or successfully meet the requirements of a background check; or failure to meet other requirements of prospective clinical sites).
Administrative withdrawal may be initiated by instructors with approval from the vice president for Academic Affairs. The instructor must acknowledge and sign the withdrawal form and submit it to the assistant vice president’s office. Withdrawal is effective immediately. The assistant vice president’s office will submit the withdrawal form to the Admissions and Records Office. Students who are forced by emergency circumstances to leave the University without officially withdrawing should notify their class instructors or the respective assistant vice president in writing and request an administrative withdrawal. (See “I” incomplete eligibility).