Housing Mission Statement and Goals
Last Updated ( Saturday, 24 July 2010 00:59 )
- Maintain and provide a safe, secure educational community through planned development, communication and understanding of an individual’s needs, while living in a community environment.
- Promote educational growth through activities and programs that link students to internal and external support agencies.
- Build a student community that unites individuals and group members together in an effort to further their intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual growth, thereby laying a foundation for the essentials of developing an educational community.
- Meet the ever-changing needs of students by providing a trained staff that is able to recognize students’ diverse cultural, physical and spiritual needs.
- To develop a living/learning environment where students, residence life staff, and other members of the university community cooperate to create programs and opportunities which maximize learning and the development of the whole student.
- To create and maintain an environment which ensures safe, clean, healthy, attractive, and comfortable living conditions at a reasonable price.
- To provide effective residence life leadership that ensures efficient student-oriented administration of the housing program.
- To offer activities which will increase awareness, understanding, and appreciation for individuals and experiences of different lifestyles and backgrounds.
- To create opportunities and foster the expectations of the community members to assume responsibility for their actions and make self-directed choices.