- Contact your Resident Advisor to arrange a time to check out (minimum 24 hours notice is required).
- Clean your side of the room and remove all your personal belongings, including trash.
- Sweep and mop all floors
- Clean bathroom, shower and toilet
- Clean out light fixtures
- Remove dust from all vents
- Dust all bedroom and living room furniture
- Students living in apartments must clean the bathroom, study area, and living room.
- Have an RA perform the room inventory and final inspection.
- Read the inventory and acknowledge any damages by signing.
- Turn in all residence hall keys.
- Students who fail to check out will be charged $50.00 for improper check out and $85.00 if the keys are not returned to an RA.
Standard Check out Charges
- Cleaning: $50.00 minimum
- Trash left in hallway or common area: $20.00 minimum
- Belongings left in room: $20.00 per hour to pack and remove
- Walls--holes needing patching and painting: $30.00 minimum
Any damage discovered at the time of check out that was not documented at the time of check in, will be noted on the check out slip. The student will sign the check out slip verifying the damages. The student’s account will then be charged for the amount of damage.
The resident takes full responsibility for any guest(s) that he/she invites to the apartment or community. Overnight guests are welcome at Sierra Vista Village for a period not exceeding three days and as long as the following procedures are followed:
- Space is available
- Host alerts his/her Resident Advisor to the guest’s visit and registers the guest’s name at the Sierra Vista Village leasing office 24 hours in advance
- Host assumes all responsibility for the actions of the guest
- The guest abides by all ENMU-Roswell and Sierra Vista Village policies
Overnight stays of members of the opposite sex are not allowed. If the guest will be staying for more than two days, a small guest housing charge will be assessed.
Requests for room changes must be made through the Hall Director. Residents must receive authorization and go through proper check out procedures before moving. Residents may make one move at no cost during the first five weeks of school. After that, the resident will be charged $30.00 for each move.
Unless you sign a private room contract and pay an additional fee, you will be expected to have a roommate. If you do not have a roommate during the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th weeks of the semester, you will be asked to consolidate with other residents without roommates. Housing staff may move someone into your room or you may be asked to move to another room. Refusal to consolidate could result an increase in rental fees being charged to your account.
ENMU-Roswell is committed to respecting the right to privacy of all residents. However, university staff maintains the right to enter rooms at any reasonable time to perform maintenance, to determine the condition of university property, for occupancy verification, cleaning, pest control, emergencies, and to investigate suspected violations of university rules and regulations.
Room Refund Schedule
The refund schedule for housing follows guidelines of the university schedule for refund of tuition and fees set for each semester and applies only to those residents who have been officially released from the lease agreement by the Housing and Residence Life office. Students who move without official authorization will be liable for the full academic year total.
Fall and Spring Semesters (approximate):
- Through the first day of classes: 100%
- Next 10 days: 90%
- Next two weeks: 50%
- Next four weeks: 25%