The following information should give you a better understanding of the financial aid process. You are responsible for submitting all required documents and doing your part to insure that your awards are processed in a timely manner.

All awards, with the exception of student loans and work study, are automatically accepted.  This means that once the award is offered, it will automatically be accepted in our computer system and, if you enroll in classes, the money will be disbursed into your student account prior to the beginning of the semester. For student loans and work study, students will have to accept the awards in Self-Service Banner under Cosmo Links at

All information you disclose for Financial Aid purposes is confidential.  If you would like our office to give out information to a spouse, parent or outside agency, you must come into the office and complete an Information Release Form. 

Please check the Financial Aid web page for Important Financial Aid Dates and to access and print most financial aid forms.

EMAIL - All Financial Aid correspondence (award and missing information and

Satisfactory Academic Progress notices) will be sent to your ENMU-Roswell student email account.  To activate this free e-mail account, go to and click on “student e-mail”.  This can be activated once you have been admitted to the university. It is important that you check your student email often.  This is the most current and accurate source of information.

PAYMENT DUE DATE - You should receive a statement of your student billing account after you enroll in classes. This statement will note the payment due date for the semester. It is your responsibility to make sure that the required deposit or payment is made when due so that your classes are not dropped or voided. 

WEBSITE - You will need to become familiar with the ENMU-Roswell web site because we routinely refer students to the site to access financial aid forms, view financial aid awards, accept student loans, view scholarship information and applications, read instructions on the work-study and student loan processes as well as view Important Financial Aid Dates. 

AWARD NOTICE - The award notification will be emailed to your student email account and will indicate where and how you can view the awards made to you for the 2014-2015 school year.  All awards are based on full-time enrollment. The amount that will credit towards your tuition and fee bill will be based on actual enrollment.  For example, if you enroll in 6-8 credit hours (half-time), then the awards will be prorated to half the amount.  Awards will not be adjusted due to change in enrollment after the drop and add period has ended.

Campus based funds, which consist of work-study, state and supplemental grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are spent.  If you are on any type of financial aid hold, your awards will not disburse into your student account.

If you are not eligible for the Pell grant due to your expected family contribution (EFC) being high, and you need assistance with your educational expenses, check with the Financial Aid Office for other

options such as student loans, alternative loans, work-study job possibilities, scholarships, short-term loans or book scholarships.

The Pell, SEOG and Leap grants are awarded based on full-time enrollment status and will be pro-rated if students are enrolled in less than full-time status. 

  • Full-time: 12 or more credit hours
  • ¾ time: 9-11 credit hours
  • ½ time: 6-8 credit hours
  • Less than ½ time:5 credit hours or less

BOOKSTORE CHARGES - If you have been awarded financial aid, pre-registered in classes and have a credit balance after tuition, fees, dorm and meal charges (if applicable) have been paid, you may be able to charge books at the ENMU-Roswell bookstore.  If you are only receiving a scholarship, you may need to pick up a bookstore charge slip from the Financial Aid Office before attempting to charge books at the bookstore. You will need to present your student ID when charging books.

2014-2015 CHECK DISBURSEMENTS (Grants and Student Loans) - All financial aid checks will be mailed directly to each student at the mailing address listed in the Banner registration system.  It is important that students provide the University with a correct and current mailing address.

Direct Deposit - If you would like to set up Direct Deposit, please refer to the ENMU-Roswell web site and click on “Online Payment Gateway”. For any questions regarding direct deposit please contact the business office at (575) 624-7125. You will receive your funds sooner with direct deposit. 

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES – If you are not eligible for a Pell Grant due to the financial information provided on the financial aid application for the 2013-14 school year, and financial circumstances have changed that could affect your financial aid eligibility, you may submit a request for a special circumstance. Please note:  Reduction of income or change in household income should be at least 10 weeks in 2013 before a request will be reviewed. 

SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS (SAP) The policy is on our website.  Students need to read and familiarize themselves with the policy so there is no misunderstanding of the academic progress policy for financial aid.  You are responsible for making sure you understand the policy and how it affects your financial aid eligibility. SAP notices are emailed to students email accounts. 

Financial Aid Appeals – A student whose eligibility has been suspended may submit an appeal if extenuating circumstances prevented the student from achieving Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).  If a student feels that they violated ENMU-Roswell’s SAP standards due to extenuating circumstances, the student may submit a Financial Aid Appeal form with required documents.      

CLASS ATTENDANCE - Financial aid is awarded under the assumption that students will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded.  When a student withdraws or stops attending classes without officially withdrawing, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of Title IV funds that the student received.  If a student never begins attendance in any classes he/she enrolled in then student is not eligible to receive Title IV funds and the financial aid awarded to the student will be canceled. 

If you receive financial aid and you are not attending classes, it is your responsibility to withdraw from those classes by following the university’s official withdrawal process. Classes will not automatically be voided or canceled for students who receive financial aid and do not attend.  The student is responsible for the balance owed due to enrolling in classes.

WITHDRAWING FROM CLASSES AND REFUNDING TITLE IV AID – The Financial Aid Office will recalculate federal financial aid eligibility for students who withdraw or stop attending classes prior to completing 60% of the semester. If you receive all F’s at the end of the semester, a recalculation of aid awarded to you may be done if you stopped attending classes.  If you withdraw from some classes and receive F’s in the others then you will still be considered an unofficial withdrawal and aid may be recalculated for the classes you receive failing grades in.

SCHOLARSHIPS – Check the scholarship postings on our web site or on the board located outside of the Financial Aid Office for possible scholarships for the 2014-2015 school year. The criteria may vary with each scholarship, so it is very important that you read and understand the criteria before completing a scholarship application.  The scholarship listings may change month to month as we receive notice so check it periodically.  

OTHER RESOURCES may include scholarships (institutional or private), WIA, DVR, Veterans’ Benefits, tuition waivers or any other assistance received from an outside source. All resources are counted as assistance received and may decrease financial aid awards made to you. Revisions will be made to state and supplemental grants first then to loans and work-study if an over award exists due to assistance from an outside source.  

You are required to notify the Financial Aid Office of any source of assistance you are receiving other than financial aid. Any assistance for tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation and childcare are counted as resources. Students receiving assistance for educational expenses from a Third Party Agency will need to check with the Business Office for the status of their contract.

WORK-STUDY is offered if you answered “yes” to the question on the FAFSA indicating you wanted work-study and if funds are available. You will be notified of your work study award through the award notice sent to students through students email accounts. The offering of work-study funds is not a guarantee of employment.  You will receive a few email notices notifying you of the work study process. 

STUDENT LOANS – You will be required to complete a Student Loan Request Form which can be printed off the ENMU-Roswell web site under Financial Aid Forms.  For the 2013-14 school year, students will be required to complete Financial Aid Awareness Counseling.  More detailed information is provided on the student loan request. 

Direct Loans are low-interest loans for students and parents to help pay for the cost of a student's education after high school. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education (the Department) rather than a bank or other financial institution.

If you were offered a student loan, you will need to log on to the ENMU-Roswell secure website link which can be accessed through our main web page to accept the loan. Instructions on how to complete the loan process will be available after you accept the loan.

All students who receive student loans will be required to complete an entrance counseling session and sign a master promissory note before the loan is processed and an exit counseling session once the student ceases to be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, withdraws from school, transfers or graduates.  

The entrance and exit counseling sessions inform students of their rights and responsibilities regarding the student loan(s) they are borrowing.

Students with a cumulative outstanding loan debt of $15,000 or more will need to submit a loan appeal letter that will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Director. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.

MAJOR/DEGREE PLAN/ADDRESS/NAME CHANGE– All students receiving financial aid must be degree seeking and classes must be part of the degree plan. All changes to your major, address or name must be reported to the Admissions Office.  Be sure that your degree plan is updated and you keep in contact with an academic advisor in order to avoid any problems with financial aid eligibility and to assist you in completing your degree in a timely manner.

CONSORTIUM AGREEMENTS between two schools allow a student to continue to receive financial aid funds while studying at a school other than his or her “home” institution. The home institution is the school where you will receive your degree or certificate, and the school administering your financial aid. The host institution is the school where you are also enrolling in classes, but not receiving financial aid. All classes taken while on consortium must be part of your degree program. Students cannot receive the Pell grant at two different schools for the same semester.

SUMMER FINANCIAL AID for the 2014 summer session (including work-study) is awarded if funds are available and is not guaranteed.  Students are required to complete a Summer Aid Request Form, which can be printed off the web site, to be considered for summer aid. These forms should be available by April 6, 2014. The student must be enrolled in summer classes before the Summer Aid Request form is turned in to the Financial Aid Office.

We are here to assist you with any questions or concerns regarding the financial aid and admissions process so please contact us at (575) 624-7400, 624-7012 or 1-800-243-6687 if you have questions.  The Financial Aid and Admissions Offices are now located in the new Student Services Building. 

ENMU Roswell Campus Hours:  Monday – Thursday     7:30 am to 6:00 pm

                                                         Friday                            8:00 am to noon (12:00)

In compliance with Department of Education Federal Regulations, the Campus Crime Report and the Graduation Rate Report are available on the ENMU-Roswell web site at  A printed copy is also available upon request from either Campus Security or the Dean of Student's Office.  Information on the Drug Free Schools Act of 1990 is also available on the campus web site and at the same locations. Students may call 1-800-243-6687 or mail a request for any of this information to Campus Security at PO Box 6000, Roswell, NM  88202-6000.