Industry Credentials in Technical Education programs
Programs in the Technical Education unit are designed for students who want to pursue careers in specific high technology fields. The Technical Education unit offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs. Any student with nationally recognized industry credentials, such as an ASE Certification (automotive technicians), AWS-SENSE Certification (welding technicians), or A&P License (aviation maintenance technicians), may be awarded college credit hours toward an associate degree in their major. Please submit the following documents for review if seeking credit for certification:
- Application for Admission (apply online at www.roswell.enmu.edu)
- Notarized copy of certification(s) (front and back if applicable)
- Official high school transcript from an accredited institution OR satisfactory high school equivalency test scores AND official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, and technical-vocational schools attended. (Any high school, high school equivalency, or college transcript must be sent directly to ENMU-Roswell from the school previously attended. Transcripts should be sent to:
Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell
ATTN: Admissions & Records
P.O. Box 6000
Roswell, NM 88202
Please note the following:
- All credit awarded for certification is dependent upon approval by program faculty, the assistant vice president for Technical Education, and the vice president of Academic Affairs. All credit awarded will reflect on the ENMU-Roswell Official Transcript as block transfer credit. The official transcript will not reflect individual course credit given toward the ENMU-Roswell certificate or associate degree.
- All entering students enrolled in degree programs or certificate programs requiring MATH or ENG are required to take the placement test (ACCUPLACER) in English and math. Students may be exempt from portions or all of the placement test if they have equivalent transfer credit and/or ACT scores of 19 or higher in each of the tested areas. Copies of qualifying ACT scores may be sent to the above-listed address. Please refer to ENMU-Roswell Catalog for further instruction on taking the ACCUPLACER test.
If you have further questions about receiving college credit for your professional technical certifications, please call the Technical Education unit at (575) 624-7337 or refer to the Technical Education pages on the ENMU-Roswell website, www.roswell.enmu.edu, for specific program contacts.