|Program Title||Community Paramedic|
The Community Paramedic (CP) responds to identified health needs in underserved communities, ultimately improving the quality of life and health of rural and remote citizens and visitors or those without ready access to primary care. Roles include outreach; wellness; health screening assessments; health teaching; providing immunizations; disease management, including a thorough understanding of monitoring diabetes, congestive heart failure and other high cost diseases and the methods and medications used to treat them; recognition of mental health issues and referral into the existing mental health care system; wound care; safety programs, and, eventually, functioning as physician extenders in rural clinics and hospitals in communities that have them.
The certificate portion is a 20 credit hours and incorporates approximately 200 clock hours of didactic curriculum and 200 clock hours of clinical and laboratory instruction.
1. Submit a complete application packet.
2. Applicants must supply a notarized copy of their EMT-Paramedic license.
3. Five years of experience in the field of emergency medicine as an advance provider.
4. Successfully compete a Program Pretest.
5.Interview with the selection committee.
6. Furnish proof of employment or a letter of intent to be employed by a service using Community Paramedics.
7. Completion of all clinical site requirements, including but not limited to, drug testing, background screening, immunization, and additional training.
|Program O*Net URL||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/29-2041.00, http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/29-2041.00|
|Estimated Complete Program Cost Tuition and Fees||$1,000 In District, $1120 Out of District, $3520 Out of State|
|Estimated Complete Program Cost Room and Board||dorm = $419.00 per month room/$4,604 for one year meal plan|
|Estimated Complete Program Cost Books and Supplies||$1000|
|Other Program Costs|
Immunizations up to $900 depending on past immunizations and clinical site
Drug testing/Background Check $110
|Length of Program (Normal Time)||6 months|
|Number of Students that Completed the Program||0|
|Number of Students that Completed within Normal Time||0|
|Job Placement Rates for Students Completing the Program||NA|
|Median Program Federal Student Loan Debt|
|Median Program Private Loan Debt|
|Median Program Institutional Financing Plan Debt|